If you're remounting bindings, or mounting new bindings on old skis, use these plastic hole plugs to fill old binding screw holes you won't be reusing They'll keep out water that can otherwise freeze, expand and possibly create structural damage. Just squirt in a dab of binding or similar waterproof glue, and tap one of these plugs into the empty hole with a hammer. When the glue dries, carefully trim off any protruding plug material with a chisel or razor blade.
- Available in a rainbow of colors.
- Sold as a bag of 20 plugs.
- If your holes are really stripped out you might want to pick up some larger diameter wood plugs.
- Give the plastic plugs one good whack with the hammer to set them, they will mushroom out most likely, that is ok, just trim off the excess.
- If you need to reuse a plugged hole in the future, no problem, just drill right through the plug with the appropriate drill bit.
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
They work. May need to trim down or remove excess after placement (I used a dremel with sander bit after gluing).
If you're in the market for used skis, or if you are changing over to new bindings, these are a very handy product to have around. Work as advertised, easy to hammer in and trim off the excess.
Plugs work OK. They are sized for 4.1mm holes and need trimming to fit into a 3.8mm hole. Made of a softer than expected plastic that deforms easily if you try to force it into a hole. Will probably go back to using golf tees as they are easier to work with.
Work fine. Wish they came in more colors.
Easy to install and trim. Good plugs.
These disappear and hang in, just apply a drop of glue and no more hole. Great product.
I love these plugs. I have used them to plug up many binding screw holes for several years. They are soft enough plastic so that they expand throughout the screw hole and seal up the hole top. I use a little bit of Roo Glue in the hole before putting in the hole plugs.