- We offer plastic cant strips for your boot/ski alignment needs.
- Each cant strip is 2.25" (58mm) wide and 19.5" (50cm) long...sufficient for one binding plate (or toe and heelpiece).
- Always trim and drill the cant strip to match your plate or binding patterns.
- Make sure your binding screws are long enough to accommodate the extra cant thickness (especially on cants greater than 2 degrees).
- If not, check at your local ski shop for longer screws. Each degree of cant creates about 1.5mm of lift.
- Available in .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 degrees.
- Cant strips are sold individually.
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am a cross country skate skier and very bowlegged (curse). For 20 years I used Alpina boots with a canted cuff (only made 2 years), until they failed. I got new Fischer boots that have some adjustment, but not enough; I thought skiing was over for me. Then I found this site, ordered and added the 3mm strips under the bindings, and that solved the problem. Installation was not difficult, and I will recommend these strips to anyone needing help.
I wasn't able to find them anywhere else online. Luckily Tognar has them and I was able to get 4 pairs. Work great. Also Scott was super helpful with fixing my order. Thanks again.
If all the ways to use/mount them I ended up putting them under my footbed. Only one that would work with my skis and boots. Still works though. The hind foot is what really matters and they are the right width there.
With international postage they were better value than competitors offer.
I bought these canting strips to get my skis to naturally run flatter as I develop more supination from deterioration of the medial meniscus and arthritis on the medial sides of each knee. I used to canting strips for slalom ski racing and I much prefer adjusting the issues with binding cants rather than boot modifications. I've had to do a bit of both, however, to get both a flat ski and a snug, comfortable boot.
I've been using these cants for years. Simple but effective.
Was able to receive hard to find cant strips. Glad tognar carries them.
I am very bowlegged which is a curse for skiing because it makes you outside edge. A PSIA telemark instructor recommended that I cant my bindings. Placing these cants between the bindings and skis does wonders to help my skiing. I wish that I knew about these 25 years ago.
Good product. It works. Its a piece of plastic.