Ski & Snowboard
Ski & Snowboard
Please note, all RP360 Repair Guns are fully tested prior to leaving the factory, they will have P-Tex residue on the tip when unboxed.
This is an excellent repair gun capable of high quality results. With light pressure on the tip it will lay down a thin layer of p-tex that is a breeze to remove with a Surform followed by a metal scraper. It will fill large gouges with ease and does a great job on lighter damage as well. Good bonding due to a heated tip. We highly recommend it if you can swing the cost!
- This shop-quality Skimender repair pistol is ideal for mechanics who do a lot of base repair work or need to repair large volume gouges.
- Its advantages are speed, convenience and superior repair strength.
- Uses 11mm P-Tex stix creating repairs superior to those of drip-repair candles both in durability and longevity.
- Unlike many repair pistols, the large aluminum extruding head is heated with its own element seperate from that of the body, this eliminates temperature fluctuation in the repair material and helps to pre-heat the base to ensure a strong bond.
- The pistol comes to a working temperature of 530F in approximately 5 min.
- The reach-adjustable trigger is very light so it takes very little pressure to extrude an adequate amount of material.
- Includes a magnetic bench stand that holds the pistol upright while not in use, if you don't have a metal bench top, no problem, a metal plate is included.
- Nice long power cord.
- 120 volts for use in North America only.
- RP360 repair gun.
- Magnetic stand.
- Metal plate (for those without a metal bench top).
- 3 sticks black P-tex.
- 3 sticks clear P-tex.
- It is recommended that the user works away from themselves, using the arrow on the front of the tip to guide the tool along the repair.
- The front of the head (where the arrow is) should remain approximately 1-2mm above the base, the rear should float lightly on the extruded material.
- This helps to spread the base material to the adjacent base.
- Most gouges are filled in just one pass.
- It is important to keep the head moving at all times, a stationary head can damage the base.
- Allow the repair to cool, then use a surform followed by a steel scraper to reduce and smooth the repair.
- Be sure to work with a sharp metal scraper, use a scraper burnisher, you will not regret it!
- Be sure to work in a well ventilated space and/or use a respirator when P-Texing.