Visually the Surform resembles a small curved cheese grater attached to a handle, functionally it is much like a grater too, only sharper. Use it to remove excess p-tex from base repairs prior to using a metal scraper. The Surform will remove the bulk of material greatly reducing the amount of work and the chance of pulling out the repair.
- Features a curved 3" surform blade (one included).
- The curved blade keeps the leading edge of the tool up off the base for smooth efficient cutting.
- We also offer replacement blades.
- Allow the p-tex material to completely cool before attempting to remove material.
- Work from the center of the repair out toward the extremities, this reduces the likelihood of pulling out the repair.
- Use the surform to get as close to the base as you feel comfortable, you'll get more daring with practice!
- Keep the surform tool level to avoid gouging the base with the side of the blade.
- Finish with a sharp, or even better, a burnished metal scraper.