Visually the Surform resembles a small curved cheese grater attached to a handle, functionally it is much like a grater too, only sharper. Use it to remove excess p-tex from base repairs prior to using a metal scraper. The Surform will remove the bulk of material greatly reducing the amount of work and the chance of pulling out the repair.
- Features a curved 3" surform blade (one included).
- The curved blade keeps the leading edge of the tool up off the base for smooth efficient cutting.
- We also offer replacement blades.
- Allow the p-tex material to completely cool before attempting to remove material.
- Work from the center of the repair out toward the extremities, this reduces the likelihood of pulling out the repair.
- Use the surform to get as close to the base as you feel comfortable, you'll get more daring with practice!
- Keep the surform tool level to avoid gouging the base with the side of the blade.
- Finish with a sharp, or even better, a burnished metal scraper.
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This tool was definitely worth it to me even after just one base repair job. Easily removes excess ptex without even scratching the surrounding base material.
Don't waste your time and money p-texing only to pull it out using a metal scraper. Start by lightly scarping away using this tool and then finish using your scraper. Much better results
This tool is excellent for removing extra p-tex in your p-tex repair. I use it to quickly get down to almost a finished state of the repair.
This is the best way to remove all that high P-tex material after filling failure. Go lightly and slowly before next step of steel scraper. Thumbs up tool for all us home tuners.
I know this tool from working with drywall. I have tried steel scrapers and other methods that are inferior to this. I run this down to a flush finish with the rest of the base and then finish off with the base structure tool
This product makes it a lot easier to remove excessive p-tex than using a steel scrapper. Saves me a lot of time and pain in the hands.