Visually the Surform resembles a small curved cheese grater attached to a handle, functionally it is much like a grater too, only sharper. Use it to remove excess p-tex from base repairs prior to using a metal scraper. The Surform will remove the bulk of material greatly reducing the amount of work and the chance of pulling out the repair.
- Features a curved 3" surform blade (one included).
- The curved blade keeps the leading edge of the tool up off the base for smooth efficient cutting.
- We also offer replacement blades.
- Allow the p-tex material to completely cool before attempting to remove material.
- Work from the center of the repair out toward the extremities, this reduces the likelihood of pulling out the repair.
- Use the surform to get as close to the base as you feel comfortable, you'll get more daring with practice!
- Keep the surform tool level to avoid gouging the base with the side of the blade.
- Finish with a sharp, or even better, a burnished metal scraper.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Don't waste your time and money p-texing only to pull it out using a metal scraper. Start by lightly scarping away using this tool and then finish using your scraper. Much better results
This tool is excellent for removing extra p-tex in your p-tex repair. I use it to quickly get down to almost a finished state of the repair.
This is the best way to remove all that high P-tex material after filling failure. Go lightly and slowly before next step of steel scraper. Thumbs up tool for all us home tuners.
I know this tool from working with drywall. I have tried steel scrapers and other methods that are inferior to this. I run this down to a flush finish with the rest of the base and then finish off with the base structure tool
This product makes it a lot easier to remove excessive p-tex than using a steel scrapper. Saves me a lot of time and pain in the hands.