Please note, all RP360 Repair Guns are fully tested prior to leaving the factory, they will have P-Tex residue on the tip of the gun when unboxed and there will be a small amount of clear P-Tex material inside the fund that will need to be purged prior to use.
The RP360 is an excellent shop-quality repair gun capable of producing extremely high quality results. Light pressure on the tip lays down a thin layer of p-tex that quickly fills gouges and is a breeze to remove. It will fill large gouges with ease and does a great job on lighter damage as well. The gun creates an exceptional bond due to a special tip that contains its own heating element, separate from the element within the body. We highly recommend the RP360 if you can swing the cost!
- Its advantages are speed, convenience and superior repair strength.
- The RP360 uses 11mm P-Tex sticks creating repairs superior to those of drip-repair candles, both in durability and longevity.
- The pistol comes to a working temperature of 530°F in approximately 5 min.
- The reach-adjustable trigger is very light so it takes very little pressure to extrude an adequate amount of material.
- Includes a magnetic bench stand that holds the pistol upright while not in use, if you don't have a metal bench top, no problem, a metal plate is included.
- Nice long power cord.
- 120 volts for use in North America and Canada only, use outside of these countries voids all warranties.
- 375 watts
- Please note, all RP360 Repair Guns are fully tested prior to leaving the factory, they will have P-Tex residue on the tip when unboxed.
- RP360 repair gun.
- Magnetic stand.
- Metal plate (for those without a metal bench top).
- 3 sticks black P-tex.
- 3 sticks clear P-tex.
- It is recommended that the user works away from themselves, using the arrow on the front of the tip to guide the tool along the repair, we find either way works just fine...pulling toward or pushing away.
- The front of the head (where the arrow is) should remain approximately 1-2mm above the base, the rear should float lightly on the extruded material.
- This helps to spread the base material to the adjacent base.
- Most gouges are filled in just one pass.
- It is important to keep the head moving at all times, a stationary head can damage the base.
- Allow the repair to cool, then use a surform followed by a steel scraper to reduce and smooth the repair.
- Be sure to work with a sharp metal scraper, use a scraper burnisher, you will not regret it!
- Be sure to work in a well ventilated space and/or use a respirator when P-Texing.
- To clean the tip, simply turn the power off and while the tip is still warm rub it across a sheet of Scotchbrite to remove any carbonized P-Tex.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This tool made for the easiest and best base repairs that I've done. The gun was ready to go very shortly after turning it on. It took just a slight squeeze of the trigger to extrude liquid P-Tex onto the base of the ski. The plate on the head of the gun allowed me to work and smooth the P-Tex into the repair area. I like that the gun comes with a heavy metal plate that magnetically holds the hot gun securely before and after use.
Essentially a pro tool. Core show repairs in 1-3 applications. Sometimes needs a little more to flatten with candle drip or another round with the gun. Makes home repair easy. Consider swix pro edger or similar for another step up
This tool makes base repairs easy. One thing to watch out for is you can put too much Ptex down and will have to spend time scraping it down. It makes very good repairs that don’t crack out. Should have bought it years ago instead of trying use drip candles to do base repairs.
A superior product and worth the expense. Two heating elements and an expanded face plate make it the best welder on the market
After repairing multiple rock gouges on 3 pairs of skis with the Skimender, I was glad my previous base repair hot air gun wore out. The new repairs are better and easier to do.
Works well much better than the Gun I ordered last year which was returned
Nice Clean fill without the residue from candles. I think that it works the Best!
This tool is fantastic, easy to operate and makes quality repair. I used to make p-Tex repairs with a small "soldering iron" type of tool. With the serious lack of snow in California this season and having scratched too many pairs of ski, I decided to get a much better tool and I don't regret it.
I'm retired and I ski a lot. I already had the lower priced P Tex gun, scrapers,Ski Vision base tools, etc. This tool is great and provides much better adhesion then the other gun or drip sticks. It does require some practice, so start out on your worst skis. If I were to do it again, this would be my only P Tex gun.