Please note, all RP360 Repair Guns are fully tested prior to leaving the factory, they will have P-Tex residue on the tip of the gun when unboxed and there will be a small amount of clear P-Tex material inside the fund that will need to be purged prior to use.
The RP360 is an excellent shop-quality repair gun capable of producing extremely high quality results. Light pressure on the tip lays down a thin layer of p-tex that quickly fills gouges and is a breeze to remove. It will fill large gouges with ease and does a great job on lighter damage as well. The gun creates an exceptional bond due to a special tip that contains its own heating element, separate from the element within the body. We highly recommend the RP360 if you can swing the cost!
- Its advantages are speed, convenience and superior repair strength.
- The RP360 uses 11mm P-Tex sticks creating repairs superior to those of drip-repair candles, both in durability and longevity.
- The pistol comes to a working temperature of 530°F in approximately 5 min.
- The reach-adjustable trigger is very light so it takes very little pressure to extrude an adequate amount of material.
- Includes a magnetic bench stand that holds the pistol upright while not in use, if you don't have a metal bench top, no problem, a metal plate is included.
- Nice long power cord.
- 120 volts for use in North America and Canada only, use outside of these countries voids all warranties.
- 375 watts
- Please note, all RP360 Repair Guns are fully tested prior to leaving the factory, they will have P-Tex residue on the tip when unboxed.
- RP360 repair gun.
- Magnetic stand.
- Metal plate (for those without a metal bench top).
- 3 sticks black P-tex.
- 3 sticks clear P-tex.
- It is recommended that the user works away from themselves, using the arrow on the front of the tip to guide the tool along the repair.
- The front of the head (where the arrow is) should remain approximately 1-2mm above the base, the rear should float lightly on the extruded material.
- This helps to spread the base material to the adjacent base.
- Most gouges are filled in just one pass.
- It is important to keep the head moving at all times, a stationary head can damage the base.
- Allow the repair to cool, then use a surform followed by a steel scraper to reduce and smooth the repair.
- Be sure to work with a sharp metal scraper, use a scraper burnisher, you will not regret it!
- Be sure to work in a well ventilated space and/or use a respirator when P-Texing.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
14 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This gun for even the novice can lay p-tex down quickly and evenly. After the repair you can't even tell where it was. Definitely the best p-tex repair gun out there.
I wasted a day looking at adapting hot glue guns before I found Tognar's add for the RP 360 base repair gun. Great tool well built operates smoothly and heats up quickly. The 11 mm repair sticks flow into deep gouges in one pass and when scrapping or filling excess material there is no tear out around the boundary of the repair . Pro results well worth the cost for me.
RP 360 Pistol - Excellent product; performs as advertised.
P-tex Sticks - Repairs are very durable. Much better than candles - justifies the price of the pistol.
Excellent quality and easy to operate with no problems seen after one week of use repairing several big straches on the base of a snow board.
Does just what the description says. Well made. Heats up fast. Makes doing repairs easier.