This wax kit includes a 120 volt wax iron intended for use in the US and Canada, if you live elsewhere please see our 230 volt model.
This kit contains the basic tools you'll need to keep your skis waxed and ready in the comfort of your own home...well, the comfort of your garage/porch anyway, please don't wax in your house. We believe in the importance of waxing, and would love to see everybody waxing at least once in a while, so the kit is offered at a pretty good discount.
- Toko T8 Wax Iron (120volt)
- 120 grams of Universal Wax
- Tognar six-inch Plexi Scraper
- Tognar rectangular white nylon brush
- Tognar rectangular brass brush
- Tognar rectangular horsehair.
- Waxing increases the glide of your skiis or board, this is the first thing that comes to mind and scares some folks off, but with that increase in glide comes an increase in control. A waxed base tends to glide more predictably than a non-waxed base, turns are initiated and released with less resistance, and you use less energy throughout the day.
- Waxing protects bases from the harsh abrasion encountered while sliding across the snow, especially in icy or man-made conditions.
- Waxing prevents bases from drying out in between ski trips.
- Brush base from tip to tail with the brass brush to remove any base oxidation, old wax or debris.
- Set your iron to the proper temperature (recommended melt temps are usually printed on the packaging).
- Hold the iron vertically and touch the bar of wax to the hot base, drip wax along the length of the base.
- Move the iron along the base melting and spreading the dripped-on wax (be sure there is wax between the base and the iron).
- Allow the wax to cool for about 30-minutes.
- Scrape cooled wax off the base, as much as you can (the important wax is deep in the pores of the base).
- Brush base from tip to tail with the white nylon brush removing any residual wax.
- Go skiing!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Pretty much everything you need to make your skis fast. The universal wax is surprisingly fast and versatile unless very cold or very warm/wet snow. Good value. If kit included cleaning solvent and scotch-brite pads the it would be perfect. I am in Canada so a small brokerage fee was added that I to pay at delivery.
Great starter kit
All you need to get started waxing your own cross country skis
Everything super easy to use and worked like a charm
Away from my waxing equipment, mostly from Tognar over the years; I needed some basic wax and tools and bought the wax kit that included iron, scrapers, brushes, perfect for my needs at that time, got em quick too.
Quality, good price, quick shipping
Everything you need in this kit
This is a great kit that will keep your skis easily conditioned and ready to go. The iron works fast and never smokes like my old house iron did (that I previously used). All items in this kit are high quality and will last a long time (except the wax, of course). My skis really came out nice, perform well on the mountain and it does not take long to do. A+++++ to Tognar for their great products and price. Scott, I believe he was the owner, was so very helpful with all my questions, wonderful customer service!!!!
TOKO wax iron not hot enough
This iron does not get hot enough. Tognar sent me another one and same. I think technically one is supposed to apply wax at a cooler temp, but I'm not racing World Cup and just want to wax and go ski. I reverted back to my old clothes iron and the TOKO makes a good book end. The brushes are great.
All good quality
This is the cheapest "good" iron you can get. Works great, holds temp well. As noted in another review, the dial is hard to see as it's hidden under the handle. Hot waxing with temp-specific waxes every time I ski has made SUCH a difference that I wax more often than expected, and had I known maybe would have popped for one of the digital irons, but I get great results from this one. Brushes and scraper are good quality (I added a copper brush so that is the one thing I woul add to this set). I use the wax that came with this on downhill skis (the tem-specific waxes are better for skate skiing), so nothing went to waste.
Excellent starter kit
This kit came with everything I needed to start waxing skis for the first time. It made a huge difference in the performance of my skis. The scraper gets a little messy as you are scraping, but the iron and brushes are all you need.