This wax kit includes a 120 volt wax iron intended for use in the US and Canada, if you live elsewhere please see our 230 volt model.
This kit contains the basic tools you'll need to keep your skis waxed and ready in the comfort of your own home...well, the comfort of your garage/porch anyway, please don't wax in your house. We believe in the importance of waxing, and would love to see everybody waxing at least once in a while, so the kit is offered at a pretty good discount.
- Toko T8 Wax Iron (120volt)
- 120 grams of Toko Universal Wax (enough for about 6 applications)
- A six-inch Plexi Scraper (Tognar or Toko depending on stock)
- Rectangular white nylon brush
- Rectangular brass brush
- Rectangular horsehair.
- Waxing increases the glide of your skiis or board, this is the first thing that comes to mind and scares some folks off, but with that increase in glide comes an increase in control. A waxed base tends to glide more predictably than a non-waxed base, turns are initiated and released with less resistance, and you use less energy throughout the day.
- Waxing protects bases from the harsh abrasion encountered while sliding across the snow, especially in icy or man-made conditions.
- Waxing prevents bases from drying out in between ski trips.
- Brush base from tip to tail with the brass brush to remove any base oxidation, old wax or debris.
- Set your iron to the proper temperature (recommended melt temps are usually printed on the packaging).
- Hold the iron vertically and touch the bar of wax to the hot base, drip wax along the length of the base.
- Move the iron along the base melting and spreading the dripped-on wax (be sure there is wax between the base and the iron).
- Allow the wax to cool for about 30-minutes.
- Scrape cooled wax off the base, as much as you can (the important wax is deep in the pores of the base).
- Brush base from tip to tail with the white nylon brush removing any residual wax.
- Go skiing!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
11 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Quality, good price, quick shipping
This is a great kit that will keep your skis easily conditioned and ready to go.
The iron works fast and never smokes like my old house iron did (that I previously used).
All items in this kit are high quality and will last a long time (except the wax, of course).
My skis really came out nice, perform well on the mountain and it does not take long to do.
A+++++ to Tognar for their great products and price.
Scott, I believe he was the owner, was so very helpful with all my questions, wonderful customer service!!!!
This iron does not get hot enough. Tognar sent me another one and same. I think technically one is supposed to apply wax at a cooler temp, but I'm not racing World Cup and just want to wax and go ski. I reverted back to my old clothes iron and the TOKO makes a good book end. The brushes are great.
This is the cheapest "good" iron you can get. Works great, holds temp well. As noted in another review, the dial is hard to see as it's hidden under the handle. Hot waxing with temp-specific waxes every time I ski has made SUCH a difference that I wax more often than expected, and had I known maybe would have popped for one of the digital irons, but I get great results from this one. Brushes and scraper are good quality (I added a copper brush so that is the one thing I woul add to this set). I use the wax that came with this on downhill skis (the tem-specific waxes are better for skate skiing), so nothing went to waste.
This kit came with everything I needed to start waxing skis for the first time. It made a huge difference in the performance of my skis. The scraper gets a little messy as you are scraping, but the iron and brushes are all you need.
The iron is easy to use and has very even heat.
The brushes do the job very nicely.
The iron is very good; easy to set the temperature and the metal base is thick to distribute the heat evenly. Good brushes, good scraper and good wax. I thought the wax would be tough to use based on some of the reviews of the Toko universal wax, but it works very well for the tuning process and recreational skiing.
New to the whole waxing your own ski topic, I ordered the kit and just followed the directions. Everthing went very smooth. The skis came out great and I look forward to breaking them out of storage for the new season, but it's a long wait.
Great kit and great value. Components are of good quality, and the kit has everything you need to get going.