- A simple tool for removing wax from round grooves found on the bases of Nordic (and some Alpine) skis.
- Two diameters (one at each end) for different sized grooves.
- Ergonomically correct thumb/finger rests, one at each end.
- Easy to find, translucent Swix Red.
- Someone put a whole buncha' thought into this tool!
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Swix Pencil Groove Scraper
You can probably find other tools that will accomplish the same task, to remove wax out of the center groove, but this is nice and convenient to have in your wax box. It has different sized ends to work with different width grooves. Great for Nordic ski prep, since fewer Alpine skis are still grooved. Less likely to accidentally gouge a base than a steel tool.
I like this handy groove pin for scraping wax out nof the grooves on my cross country skis, saves time and stops me from gouging my bases trying to get wax out of the groove with my plexi scraper