This tried and true workhorse of a wax iron is a favorite among ski techs for its accuracy and long service life. The iron features an 8mm-thick aluminum base plate which is beveled on the sides and ramped in the back to make wax dispersion easier. The unique heating element is "printed" onto an insulated base plate, this ensures very even heating across the base and increased longevity. The element is probably the biggest thing that makes this iron stand out in the crowd. Also, it has darn good ergonomics, and a nice long cord to boot!
- Manual thermostat dial allows for 230°F to 338°F (110°C to 170°C) operating temperatures.
- Dial is marked in Fahrenheit.
- The beveled base plate measures 4.25" x 5.75" (145mm x 105mm).
- Cord length is 6 1/2 feet.
- Electrical rating is 110 volts and 500 watts.
- Back of iron includes wax melt temperature recommendations for Swix waxes.
- For use in the USA and Canada.
A closer look at Base Profile:
If you take a close look at the base of this iron you'll notice that there are three distinctly different profiles to the base. This is one of those totally nerdy things that make this iron so cool. The front edge of the iron base is a 90°, straight angle, this is handy when you want to precisely bring hot wax right up to the kick zone or kick pattern of a pair of Nordic skis without going over. The rear edge of the base plate is ramped, this makes it easy to disperse wax without plowing into it, it is also essential for ironing in HF powders...if you're into that kind of thing. Finally, both side edges of the base are nicely beveled, this makes it easy to disperse wax and travel across fresh wax (e.g. on the second pass) without plowing it up. Pretty cool huh?