- This drill bit is required for installation of plastic capped snowboard inserts.
- Requires first drilling a pilot hole to guide the bit with a 5/16" (8mm) drill bit (not included).
- This special bit cuts a precise 110 deg. tapered hole to match the inserts, and controls the depth so the insert sits at close to the correct depth.
- This is a serious endeavor, we recommend a trial run on a 2x4 or old board first.
- Inserts are sold seperately Black or White.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you're looking to add inserts on a snowboard or you're making a split board the Tognar plastic capped inserts and the insert drill bit are the best combo/option out there. After drilling out a 1/8'' and then a 5/16" pilot hole the drill bit countersinks out a perfect cavity for the insert to live, leaving a little reveal (maybe 1/32" - 1/64" ??) to be ground or sliced down to a perfect flush. The drill bit has an integral stop so you can't over drill. The grooves on the shaft of the insert fit nicely with a 5/16'' hole. Set the inserts with a little 2 ton epoxy. Probably need a base grind and proper tune before riding. Very satisfied with the results. Thanks Scott and Tognar! Great products!