These inserts are designed to be installed through the base of the snowboard. A specialized drill bit is used to shape the core and base of the board to match the profile of the insert exactly. We do not recommend trying to install them without the proper drill bit!
- These inserts must be installed with a specialized bit (sold separately).
- Inserts are 9mm tall and are capped with P-tex.
- Overall length including P-tex cap is approx. 10.8mm.
- Inserts accept standard (M6) snowboard binding bolts.
- Sold each.
- Use a bit of epoxy to seal the core from moisture and help keep the insert in place over time, be careful not to get it in the insert threads!
- Tap the insert in lightly with a hammer, or use a snowboard screw and stack of washers to pull the insert into place.
- Once installed the P-Tex cap will most likely stand proud of the base material, it is designed that way. Simply use a sharp metal scraper to reduce the cap until it is flush with the base.
- When waxing be cautious not to overheat the insert's P-Tex cap, excess heat can cause it to separate from the insert.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
they worked like a charm... i completed the project... but only w/ a vise purchased from a hardware store & a ton of cursing...
made it possible to build a snowboard w/ the weirdest / strangest configuration of binding mounting holes i.ve ever seen into a functional ( ONE OF A KIND ) freestyle board... possibly the last t-bolted snowboard on planet earth !
Unexpected spin during flush fit attempt
I used these inserts instead of the stock Voile T-nuts for a DIY splitboard in the spots I thought the touring and ride bindings would apply more torque. Installing these inserts with the Maizlinger-Snoli bit was relatively simple, but it was hard to tell if they were drilled at the appropriate depth. The specialized bit seems to bottom-out at the desired depth, yet when the insert is dropped into the hole, the p-tex cap sat above my board base. To make the base and insert flush, I screwed in and tightened the related M6 bolts with a washer from the deck side. This brought the insert flush with the base. However, a few of the dozen inserts I installed began to spin in place. The vertical ridges seemed to bite through the core so that they could no longer grip. Oddly enough, this is what I feared would happen to the Voile T-nut, and instead happened with these inserts. In the end, a little extra epoxy on the spinning inserts seem to hold the bindings to the board well enough, so I'm still stoked on the product. If there's a better technique to the installation, I would be welcome to learning more. Thanks!