The ski version works with alpine or telemark skis, and comes with a 6" hardened steel cutting bar, a 6" medium structure ruby stone and a brass cleaning brush. An optional 6" coarse structure stone is available.
- This precision hand-planing tool uses a hardened steel bar to cleanly shave off high or low spots on p-tex bases, remove existing oxidized p-tex areas, as well as shave off unwanted p-tex hairs and microhairs.
- Replace the steel bar with a structure stone to cut a linear structure into the base, dispersing water and improving glide.
- The tool includes a medium structure stone, optional coarse structure stone is available.
- Although the steel bar is hard enough to cut down steel edges if they're too high, we recommend you use a mill file (or better yet, the Ski Visions File Base Flattener) to do that job and save your steel bar from unnecessary wear.
- A few quick passes with this tool after every week or so on the slopes will freshen up your structure, keep the base flat, and improve its ability to absorb wax.
- These periodic touch-ups significantly improve performance without removing excess base material.
- Replacement and optional blades are available.
- For comprehensive information on using this tool, click here.
- Structure stones can be redressed.
- Steel planing blade cane be re-honed using the optional Blade Sharpening Stone.
- Tools and stones made in the USA.