Ski or snowboard boots too big? These insole shims are the simplest way to take up extra volume. Simply insert the shim between the boot shell and liner (not inside the liner) and the extra volume will disappear. If unsure size up, you can easily trim them to fit (see shim lengths below). Available in two thicknesses.
- Light, flexible, durable and resistant to compression.
- Their non-woven, resin saturated, polyester composition provides additional insulation and resists mildew
- 1/16" (1.5mm) for those who just need a little tightening up.
- 5/32" (3.96mm) for those whose boots are obviously too big, and for all snowboarders.
- Sizes are based on men's street shoe size, we recommend sizing up one size and trimming as needed (see shim lengths below).
- Actual shim color may vary.
- Sold in pairs (one right, one left)
Actual Shim Lengths
- 6-7 = 10.25" (257mm)
- 8-9 = 10.75" (274mm)
- 10-11 = 11.37" (289mm)
- 12-13 = 12.25" (307mm)
26 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great product! These shims took up a little of the extra space in boots to compensate for the inner liner age. Really good fit!
One of my boots was a little loose, even with new liners. So I put a couple of these between the liner and the shell and voila! Boots fit tighter.
These are the best way to take up volume in the lower boot.
If the shells are a little too big, or the liners getting packed out, something needs to take up excess space. These, placed under the liners, are a big help. The only thing...remove the liners to let these dry; the material isn't waterproof. You do not want them to remain wet and grow mold.
Did the trick for me. My boot liners were packed out after one year and these tighten things up nicely. As another reviewer stated, I would recommend ordering one size up from your normal size for a better trim to fit.
These are sturdy shims and did the trick for my boots. Thanks!
Helped a great deal with my heels slipping in my minimalist boots. They're Belleville Mini-Mils 102 and very high volume.
**Recommended to order one full size larger than your shoe size for proper trim and fit.
This is only place I can find this product. After knee replacement, one leg may be longer than the other. Shims make it possible to test different thicknesses inside shoe or boot before deciding to add a permanent shim to the outer sole. Excellent quality. I am fortunate to have come across them in Tognar’s extensive catalog.
Easy to cut to fit.