Heel lifts have many uses, and are very simple to install. They are intended to sit between the boot shell and the liner (smooth side down). Sold as a pair.
- Increase forward lean by increasing your boot ramp angle.
- Help stop heel lift by lifting the heel up into the heel pocket of your boot.
- Reposition the ankle bone, relieving pressure.
- Take pressure off the arch.
- Decrease boot top tightness around the calf.
- Made of resiliant rubber.
- Some folks use double-sided carpet tape to secure the lift in place.
- Large best fits men's size 10 and above (women's 11+).
- Medium best fits men's size 8-10 (women's 9-11).
- Smaill best fits men's size 5-8 (women's 6-9).
- Large measures 4 7/8" x 2 1/2" with 1/2" of lift (127mm x 64mm with 13mm of lift).
- Medium measures 4 1/4" x 2 1/4" with 7/16" of lift (112mm x 58mm with 11mm of lift).
- Small measures 4 1/8" x 2" with 3/8" of lift (110mm x 52mm with 10mm of lift).
22 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Made my ability to get into the front of my boot so much easier.
I bought new ski boots which perfectly fit. I have quite big calf which I normally have hard time fitting in any boots. I got to ski more than I expected this past season and very last few days of skiing, I noticed my heels were not touching. I wanted to distribute weight correctly to make turn so I did some research hoped to find what I needed. As soon as I saw what I thought may help, I ordered one. I inserted in boots and feel much better at bottom of heels.
Suddenly during the 2021-2022 ski season, my Tecnica Cochise started hurting above the heel (both feet). There'd be a very sore bump on the tendon at the end of ski days and I ended up cutting short several days on the slopes. After a bit of research I found out I had retrocalcaneal bursitis, an inflammation of the Achilles tendon, and a workaround would be to use heel lifts like these. So I purchased a 1-cm pair, put them in between the shell and the liner, and went skiing, there was some relief but there was still inflammation. I got another 1-cm pair and after that I'm skiing pain-free again. These do the trick, albeit with a bit of trial and error.
These came to me quickly even with the limits of various mail methods. They fit well into my boots and are comfortable.
The Wedges are great and they helped a lot with my heel lift. I would give them a 5 star if they only had some sticky tape to hold them in place. When they move forward in the boot they create pain. So I used good old duct tape to hold them in place.
This does the job it was built to do. If you’re getting some heel lift this could help solve your issues. Don’t worry about your foot being smashed into your boot, it isn’t a dramatic wedge. It’s just big enough to correctly position your foot in the boot to solve the heel lift issue.
Best heel lifts on the market. Many sizes. Not compressible. Almost every skier needs them, and definitley children do. Get out of the back seat!
These are really more for relieving toe pressure due to feet sliding forward while riding (but they do fit in my boots well with J-bars for heel lift). These seem to have resolved the issue, as the last few times I went riding with them I was not noticing the same pain in my toes.