These inserts are designed to be installed through the base of the snowboard. A specialized drill bit is used to shape the core and base of the board to match the profile of the insert exactly. We do not recommend trying to install them without the proper drill bit!
- These inserts must be installed with a specialized bit (sold separately).
- Inserts are 9mm tall and are capped with P-tex.
- Overall length including P-tex cap is approx. 10.8mm.
- Inserts accept standard (M6) snowboard binding bolts.
- Sold each.
- Use a bit of epoxy to seal the core from moisture and help keep the insert in place over time, be careful not to get it in the insert threads!
- Tap the insert in lightly with a hammer, or use a snowboard screw and stack of washers to pull the insert into place.
- Once installed the P-Tex cap will most likely stand proud of the base material, it is designed that way. Simply use a sharp metal scraper to reduce the cap until it is flush with the base.
- When waxing be cautious not to overheat the insert's P-Tex cap, excess heat can cause it to separate from the insert.