These sheets of sintered p-tex are glued (not melted) to repair very large gouges or damaged areas.
- The material is 4.25" (110mm) wide and 1mm thick.
- They are sold in 12-inch increments in any length (e.g., if you order 6-feet, you'll get an uncut 6-foot length).
- The rough side is the side that is glued down (the epoxy adheres better to the rough texture).
How To Use
- First, cut and peel out the damaged base material using with a base template and repair knife.
- Cut a new patch from these p-tex sheets (rough side down)
- Glue into place on the ski or snowboard base with epoxy.
- Clamp the patch firmly (not overly tight or the epoxy will be squeezed out) using small c-clamps and flat wood or metal plates to distribute pressure evenly over the patch.
- Allow adequate time for the epoxy to dry.
- After removing clamps and plates, re-prep and hot wax the base as usual.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Top notch material for base repair. It worked great
As per the title, this is the genuine article. The minute you handle it, you can tell the difference between hot melt and this. For big core shots, this is a must if you want a permanent repair.
I gave my ski to my area ski shop for a core shot base repair. 50 dollars later, I got 8 days of skiing out of it. My repair with your base material is still going strong.