These sheets of sintered p-tex are glued (not melted) to repair very large gouges or damaged areas.
- The material is 4.25" (110mm) wide and 1mm thick.
- They are sold in 12-inch increments in any length (e.g., if you order 6-feet, you'll get an uncut 6-foot length).
- The rough side is the side that is glued down (the epoxy adheres better to the rough texture).
How To Use
- First, cut and peel out the damaged base material using with a base template and repair knife.
- Cut a new patch from these p-tex sheets (rough side down)
- Glue into place on the ski or snowboard base with epoxy.
- Clamp the patch firmly (not overly tight or the epoxy will be squeezed out) using small c-clamps and flat wood or metal plates to distribute pressure evenly over the patch.
- Allow adequate time for the epoxy to dry.
- After removing clamps and plates, re-prep and hot wax the base as usual.