- Moonflex stones boast a higher diamond count and concentration on their faces for greater durability, plus feature a unique spiral pattern that doesn't load with debris as fast as other diamond stones.
- Diamond stones last a long time if kept clean (we use an old toothbrush with wax remover or Ronson lighter fluid for this), and used with light pressure (a heavy hand can prematurely break diamonds loose from the stone).
- It's recommended to use a solution of 50% water and 50% denatured alcohol, or SVST Secret Sauce to help keep debris from clogging the diamonds.
- Also available in 100mm length.
- Sold each or save some money when purchased as a set of four.
- BLACK 100 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for repairing rock damage on steel edges when they've been 'work-hardened' by impact and look glazed and/or very ragged, plus for re-sharpening carbide tips on ski skating poles.
- RED 200 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for deburring side edges after filing or beveling.
- YELLOW 400 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for finer deburring and edge polishing.
- WHITE 600 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for even smoother finishes.
- BLUE 1500 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for attaining the ultimate finish.
- Set of Four
- 100, 200, 400 and 600 grit stones.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Really impressed with the finish on the edges. Gives a very smooth finish.
Just switched to Moonflex Diamond Stones and they are great. Not impressed by too many products these days but these Diamond stones are well worth the extra money. Use them EXACTLY as instructions indicate + I use water and denatured alcohol for lubrication when sharpening and a toothbrush to clean them FREQUENTLY during use. Best edges ever.
A top notch stone and well worth the extra money spent - I heartily recommend Moonstone for your arsenal !!
easy to store in pocket. spit on to lube. good product for price
I've used a number of diamond stones n the past, including Swix, DMT and some cheap nameless ones. They did not cut NEARLY as fast as the moonflex stones.I did not get the black, just the red, yellow and white. After a bit of usage, I'm happy with that combo as the red cuts so fast I can't really imagine what I would use the black for. I can't yet speak for the durability, but the careful and clear directions for use (keep it wet and clean)are very good. As far as use on the slope, I just spit on the face of the stone and wipe it clean on the small cloth I wrap it in (the manufacturer suggests using snow, but I find it freezes my already cold glove less hands and doesn't work as well).