Moonflex stones boast a higher diamond count and concentration on their faces for greater durability, plus feature a unique spiral pattern that doesn't load with debris as fast as other diamond stones.
- Diamond stones last a long time if kept clean (we use an old toothbrush with wax remover or Ronson lighter fluid for this), and used with light pressure (a heavy hand can prematurely break diamonds loose from the stone).
- It's recommended to use a solution of 50% water and 50% denatured alcohol, or SVST Secret Sauce to help keep debris from clogging the diamonds.
- Also available in 70mm length.
- Sold each or save some money when purchased as a set of four.
- BLACK 100 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for repairing rock damage on steel edges when they've been 'work-hardened' by impact and look glazed and/or very ragged, plus for re-sharpening carbide tips on ski skating poles.
- RED 200 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for deburring side edges after filing or beveling.
- YELLOW 400 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for finer deburring and edge polishing.
- WHITE 600 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for even smoother finishes.
- BLUE 1500 Grit Moonflex Diamond Stone
- Use for attaining the ultimate finish.
- Set of Four
- 100, 200, 400 and 600 grit stones.
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Note: this grit seems about twice as course as a DMT black. I use it judiciously for deburring when I have actual damage, otherwise I use something finer and always follow this one up with finer as well.
A ski rep for a major ski manufacturer told me about the Moonflex diamond stones. I have been sharpening my skis for many years, and these stones are incomparable. You never need to “file” your skis if you use these every few days. They last far, far longer than any other diamond stone I have ever used. Great product.
These are the best diamond files you can buy and Tognar has the best prices.
Great. Really takes off what i want from the corresponding grit. Sharp, productive, easy to clean.
You really need two of these stones: one for your tuning bench and one for your travel tune bag!
A gardening tool sharpening workshop introduced me to this multi-use tool. With 3 in 1 oil, it sharpens a variety of garden tools including hand pruners and lopers.
moonflex stones achieves great edge prep when used with a quality file guide, some minor edge detuning may be necessary. follow instructions and keep cleaning the stone
Added a 200 grit to progression 400, 600, 1200. Clearly removes steel, even less need to file! I suspect it doesn't leave much burr so my careful ceramic stones flat to each edge surface may be voodoo.
tognar carries the best brands for reliable performance. speedy shipping and no problems ever with my orders.