These metal and plastic laminate 'stones' have industrial diamonds bonded to them. They are well suited for removing rock damage from, as well as, sharpening and polishing ski and snowboard edges.
- DMT diamond stones last a long time if kept clean (use a brass brush and an abrasive cleaner, like Bon Ami®, rinse with water)
- Use with light pressure (a heavy hand can prematurely break diamonds loose from the stone).
- We also use them wet (dip 'em in a cup of water or use edge polishing solution) to help keep debris from clogging the diamonds.
- 100mm (4 inches) long.
- Sold each or as a set of four.
- Extra Coarse (220 grit)
- Best for repairing rock damage on steel edges when they've been 'work-hardened' by impact and look glazed and/or very ragged
- Also good for re-sharpening carbide tips on ski skating poles
- Coarse (325 grit)
- Use the medium blue model for deburring side edges after filing or beveling.
- Fine (600 grit)
- for finer deburring and edge polishing.
- Extra fine (1200 grit)
- The extra-fine green stone for even smoother finishes.
- Includes all four stones and a nylon pouch.
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I use this after I use a file on my base or edges or by itself if there isn't a lot of need to remove material. Pair it with a Beast and your set.
I purchased these to use with the SVST side and base edge bevel tools. I have the 2.75 in. version for a multi tool but upgraded to a better set of tools. Glad I did these work faster and provide a more consistent result. These are solid stones with the right size and range of grits to really get to the right edge on my skis. They create an extremely sharp smooth edge well worth the price !
I have four different grit sizes of these stones that I use in combination to tune my ski edges. I prefer these over a file because they do a good job without taking off too much of the edge. They are easy to use and clean.
One or two passes with this diamond stone removes rock burs and the scored/hardened edge allowing your sharpener to get the job done in a pass or 2.
These are a great way to manage your edges. Take metal off once a season with a file to define base and edge bevels, then sharpen with these diamond stones. Go from Extra coarse to fine and it brings the edge right back. Awesome tool.
the best for the price. Sturdy and durable
I think the Moonflex Diamond stones are superior, however this diamond stone is a little narrower and fits in many edge and base tools, so it is a little more versatile and definitely economical.
Good basic (value) diamond stone. It works fairly well though in the future I will probably buy a stone that has more diamond surface to reduce the number of passes needed on the ski edges. Works well with my edge tool.
They work great, just know how to clean them.