These metal and plastic laminate 'stones' have industrial diamonds bonded to them. They are well suited for removing rock damage from, as well as, sharpening and polishing ski and snowboard edges.
- DMT diamond stones last a long time if kept clean (use a brass brush and an abrasive cleaner, like Bon Ami®, rinse with water)
- Use with light pressure (a heavy hand can prematurely break diamonds loose from the stone).
- We also use them wet (dip 'em in a cup of water or use edge polishing solution) to help keep debris from clogging the diamonds.
- 100mm (4 inches) long.
- Sold each or as a set of four.
- Extra Coarse (220 grit)
- Best for repairing rock damage on steel edges when they've been 'work-hardened' by impact and look glazed and/or very ragged
- Also good for re-sharpening carbide tips on ski skating poles
- Coarse (325 grit)
- Use the medium blue model for deburring side edges after filing or beveling.
- Fine (600 grit)
- for finer deburring and edge polishing.
- Extra fine (1200 grit)
- The extra-fine green stone for even smoother finishes.
- Includes all four stones and a nylon pouch.