These are a thicker version of our popular wrap pads, suitable for snowboard boots or ski boots that are really loose.
Use these self-adhesive foam rubber pads to create more secure heel and ankle pockets. If you are experiencing heel-lift and have pressure on your ankle bones, these are a good pad to try. Firm 3/16" thick foam rubber resists compression.
- Backed with pressure sensitive adhesive.
- Adhere to the outside of the boot liner.
- Foam can be sanded and trimmed for a precise fit.
- 3/16" thick firm foam.
- Sold as a pair.
- Remove liners from boot.
- Make sure the boot liners are warm and dry.
- Slide foot into liner and locate ankle bones, marking their position on the outside of the liner with a pen or chalk.
- Remove foot from liner.
- Peel backing from pad, apply pad to the boot so the "C" on the pad surrounds the ankle bone (the mark you made above). Wings should angle down.
- Press pad firmly to boot liner (some liners are more resistant to the adhesive, in this case you can use Duct Tape or Barge Cement to hold the pad in place).
- When sliding the liner back in the boot be aware that the pad does not catch on any part of the boot shell.
- Go ski!
- If you discover pressure points you can remove that section of the pad carefully with a sharp blade.