- Black P-Tex Drip Repair Candles.
- For temporary repair of ski or snowboard base gouges at home or on the road
- Simply light one end of these sticks with a lighter, then drip..rather than iron...the molten p-tex into gouges.
- WARNING!!! They burn extra-hot (in excess of 970°F) which helps consume some of the undesirable black carbon created while the candle burns.
- Please use them carefully because dripping p-tex is hot enough to severely burn skin.
- Hold a steel scraper under candle when not actually dripping molten p-tex into gouges.
- Sticks measure 8" x 3/8" (200 x 9mm).
- Sold as a bundle of 5 sticks.
How to Use P-Tex Drip Candles
- Light stick on fire, allow the flame to get strong.
- Hold the stick like you would a pencil.
- Hold at a 45° angle about 1" above the gouge (you want a blue flame, not yellow, adjust height to achieve this).
- Drip molten P-Tex into gouge working toward yourself, as if you are drawing a line.
- When the gouge is filled allow it to cool (10 minutes is good).
- Scrape with a sharp metal scraper and you're done!
16 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
These were the most affordable sticks that I was able to find anywhere, even with the shipping cost! And they worked great too. Very happy with product. Will buy from Tognar.com again.
P-tex mends are rarely permanent but the candles did the job I needed easily and quickly. Also the Tognar Toolworks magazine had great insight and advice.
When you have a family of 4 tackling the slopes with snowboards, with every type of nasties sticking out from the ground under all types of conditions, it can get pretty expensive having the boards repaired after every few outings. This is a perfect light patch work, for such an awesome price, which last us all season until the boards are required to undergo major repair works (when needed). What I spent on the tools and these awesome deals, it initially cost me a 1/8 of the price of the repairs all season long. With videos and instructions on "How to", the learning curve is barely anything, beside suffering a bit of clean-up.
The Clear candles went on without any black carbon deposits, black ones worked well also.
These are great candles. The hole through the center make them burn a lot smoother and you will have a nice consistent drip. Great price and product!
Best drip candles I have used in 35+ years. Hard to find on the Internet but Tognar made it easy to order and arrived in a timely manner. They have fine assortment of ski products sold by skiers for skiers.
Hate dripping p-tex candles, but they are only thing that works for me, despite my healthy addition of carbon.
Works very well for light to medium deep gouges. They're made like a straw and seems to burn a little better for sure.
Lights up better (quicker) than other ptex, sticks better and holds longer, all of this - by a significant margin. I've always used a sharp knife to cut off extra material, which isn't pretty but no problems w/ cutting off extra without pulling the patch out w/ a metal scraper.