Skimender drip repair candles are perfect for temporary repairs of ski or snowboard base gouges at home or on the road. The material is softer than the material used in a repair pistol like the RP360 so overtime it will "cup out" as the snow abrades it...that being said, the repairs are pretty bomber and you can't beat the cost and ease. Simply light one end of these sticks with a lighter, then drip..rather than iron...the molten p-tex into gouges.
- WARNING!!! They burn extra-hot (in excess of 970°F)...yikes!
- Please use them carefully because dripping p-tex is hot enough to severely burn skin.
- Hold a steel scraper under candle when not actually dripping molten p-tex into gouges.
- Diameter: 8mm
- Length: 200mm
- Sold in a bundle of 5 sticks.
How to Use P-Tex Drip Candles
- Light stick on fire, allow the flame to get strong.
- Hold the stick like you would a pencil.
- Hold at a 45° angle about 1" above the gouge (you want a blue flame, not yellow, adjust height to achieve this).
- Drip molten P-Tex into gouge working toward yourself, as if you are drawing a line.
- When the gouge is filled allow it to cool (20 minutes is good).
- Scrape with a sharp metal scraper and you're done!
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Hate dripping p-tex candles, but they are only thing that works for me, despite my healthy addition of carbon.
Works very well for light to medium deep gouges. They're made like a straw and seems to burn a little better for sure.
Lights up better (quicker) than other ptex, sticks better and holds longer, all of this - by a significant margin. I've always used a sharp knife to cut off extra material, which isn't pretty but no problems w/ cutting off extra without pulling the patch out w/ a metal scraper.
These started out ok, but then wouldn't hold the flame. The material is more sticky and appears to hold better but also doesn't come off as easy with a metal scraper so you might need to buy a sur form scraper as well.
Melts even and is easy to scrape to an even surface.
With the hole in the center, the ptex burns hotter keeping a bluer flame which means less carbon on every drip.
thank you TOGNAR. i got exactly what i ordered and in time and in good condition. These candles are very cheap and effective for my ski base repair
These candles are easy to maintain a blue flame. I have used other candles and these are much easier to use.
These candles are easy to use and its easy to keep a blue flame. Other candles i have used are harder to keep a blue flame but these work great.