- Designed to be used for initial brushing after scraping excess wax (hard or soft) from any structure pattern (fine, medium or coarse).
- They can also be used as a polishing brush for hard waxes.
- These durable fine steel brushes feature very soft steel bristles.
- Although initially more expensive than brass or copper brushes, these steel bristles stay sharper, are more durable, have better memory and don't deform as easily over time.
- Stainless bristles.
- Measure 3" x 4 5/8" (75mm x 120mm).
16 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A tool for preparing the ski base for waxing and polishing that is integral to the overall process.
I "steel" use the nylon brush first but then go with the steel brush before horsehair... Steel brush really help to get rid of the excess wax... It is a little bit more harsh than the Holmenkol smooth steel brush but also at half the price!
Purchased the brass, nylon, and horsehair brushes. They were wide enough to cover the entire width of my 90cm waist skis. Did a excellent job removing and polishing the wax. Does good work and a very good price.
Got the steel brush its super aggressive and excellent for initial base structure.
I ordered the brass, white nylon and horsehair brush's since my other were stolen a while back. They are perfect for the small amount of waxing I do anymore. I also called talked to Scott about a missing vise for my setup. He was able to locate one for me at a great price that works just great.
I start with the brass brush to clean any gunk off the bases. 4 or 5 passes and I'm ready for the hot wax treatment
I am totally pleased with this product A solid value
I use a brass brush for heavy prewax and light postwax passes. Then followup with the horsehair to polish it up and remove the fine particulate wax in the structure. Works great and for a nonrace DIY brush...I have no ire. Works as it should.
The Fine Steel Brush from Tognar has far exceeded my expectations. I use this brush - at one stage or the other - every day that I wax skis. Before waxing, after scraping, you decide; this brush does the job, and maintains its shape like nothing else I've used. I recently bought second one for a 'back-up', because I've developed a real dependency on this tool.