- It's no secret that most boot fit and performance problems stem from oversized boots.
- The Eliminator is a large, semi-soft foam pad with a smooth inner face that's designed to fit snugly behind your existing boot tongue.
- The foam material custom-molds to your shin, they get even more comfortable with age.
- It easily attaches, in seconds, with supplied fasteners (or permanently with contact cement).
- They can help cure a myriad of ills, including shin bite relief, heel lifting and elimination of instep pain from overbuckling...particularly in snowboard boots.
- It also reduces or eliminates excess room in upper boot cuffs... especially valuable for folks with thin legs or calves who have previously not been able to enjoy all the control boots are designed to deliver without cranking boot buckles impossibly tight, which usually has the undesirable effect of overly stiffening the forward boot flex.
- Two sizes are offered.
- Small fits boots US Mens sizes 3-8. Mondo Point sizes 22-25. (total length 10", width at widest is 3.75")
- Large fits boots US Mens sizes 8.5 and up. Mondo Point sizes 25.5 and up. (total length is 10.75", width at widest is 4")
- Sold as Pair.
- Made in the USA.
21 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have used these for years in several different snowboard boots, they work great. Bought a new pair because the old ones felt a bit worn out, then bought a second pair to fill more space at the top of a new pair of very stiff snowboard boots. They feel great, waiting for snow season to try the double layer.
Absolutely love the tongue shims. I have really skinny calves but am a very aggressive skier. I battled shin bang my entire skiing career until I got these things. Really helps suck your foot into the heel of the boot too such a plus!
Bought these in the US with shipping to Europe. Great service and help from tognar staff over the email. Despite this, i hoped they were going to help against pressure points on my shin and so minimize shin bang in my salomon xmax 120 boots. I am afraid they did not do the job and will have to go a new pair of boots with proper fitting. In my case, thrown away money. They could fulfil their purpose for other people and other ends
These tongue shims fill the gap around the front of the ankle and lower shin to hold my boot firmly, yet comfortably, in place. No regrets, good value because it works well.
I wish I had these earlier in my life. They work as advertised.
These end that “top of the boot” pressure point.
These reposition my foot and allow my boots to be worn with minimal discomfort. I let my dad try them and ended up getting a set for him too! Only drawback is the velcro tends to allow movement, so plan to adjust them at the top when skinning, or a couple times during a long day in bounds
My very comfortable boots are getting packed out. I just inserted the eliminator in front of my socks and it allowed me not have to crank down the buckles to the tightest setting and gave me a much more comfortable and skiable setting. I put the velcro tabs on the back of the shim and once buckled, holds the shim in place just fine.
I trimmed these down to use in my hiking boots to prevent toe bump. did not work>