Swix PS Polar Powder is a super hard wax for extremely cold conditions and aggressive snow surface. Can be used alone as a race wax in very cold, low humidity conditions. Runs well on manmade snow too. Replaces Swix CH4X.
- -14ºC to -32ºC (7ºF to -26ºF).
- Made for the nastiest conditions!
- Especially useful on man-made snow or glacier skiing, summer training.
- Recommended iron temp: 155°C (311°F).
- 180g/6.3oz bar
How to apply Polar:
- Iron should travel across length of the ski in about 8-10 seconds.*
- The wax can be reheated after cooling and prior to scraping for even greater durability.
- Scrape after 1 minute of cooling.
- Apply Swix Polar Powder on top for even greater abrasion resistance.
*Some folks find using a culinary micro planer (used for zesting citrus) to effectively grate the wax onto the base helps it melt more evenly and become easier to work with.