- Made of 100% hard anodized aluminum with stainless wear plate.
- Super thin stainless plate attached to the face of the guide to reduce wear on the tool.
- A good choice for folks that tune often or in large quantities.
- These file guides guarantee precise side edge beveling.
- Guides feature a recess on top of the tool to catch steel filings so they don’t grind into bases.
- Optional shims are available to increase bevel angle without buying a new guide, they set firmly into a machined groove on any Pro-Edge guide.
- Guides can be used in conjunction with nearly any files or stones out there.
- Clamps are strongly recommended to secure your file or stones to these guides... they help ensure precise tuning results.
- The Spring Clamp (fits all stones and files), Swix (fits files and thin stones), the SVST Clamp (files and thin stones) and the Tognar Clamp (all files and stones).
- Made in USA.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very high quality and a pleasure to use. SSTL plate is harder to scratch than aluminum and the polished surface makes it glide very smoothly over the ski base. It's great to use the best tool for the job. The only tool for side tuning that one might argue is better is the full SSTL SVST version, but even though it is cool to have this, it feels more substantial and may (or may not) last longer - I'm not sure if I like this more expensive version or not because it is heavier and doesn't seem to do any better job. Maybe after years of use I will see a difference in wear? Definitely when considering price this is the better deal than the full stainless version and it's definitely worth paying the extra for the SSTL plate rather than one of the 100% aluminum units.
accurate and easy to use.
This my favorite guide. The side clamp works well with all of stones that I use.
Would be nice to have the whole assembly sold as one rather than selling the clamp separately.
Nice solution to have the steel insert, saving money over the full stainless model. Perfect for snowboard edge sharpening, particularly as I always use a one degree bevel, so don't need the adjustable versions. Great combined with the Beast base bevel guide.
I didn't want to buy this one because it's not all stainless steel, but at the same time, I didn't want to pay double for an all steel one. I'm glad I purchased this one though, because it's very precise. I got the bevel adaptor and the thumbscrew clamp too. The guide does a good job.