- Insert mounts swivel in the body of the tool to exactly match sidecut profile.
- One of the best tools available for tuning skis or snowboards Magnatraction edges.
- Smooth steel rollers glide on base to avoid damage.
- Bevel angles can be set at 0°, .5°, 1°, 2°, 3°, 4° and 5°.
- The tool ships with a Tungsten Carbide File (3060) and an Aluminum Oxide Stone (3058).
- The carbide file leads and cuts, the aluminum oxide stone follows in second position and polishes.
- Inserts measure 20mm x 30mm.
- Additional inserts are available.
- Made in Germany.
Instructions for use:
The tool is delivered with the inserts in the vertical position to sharpen or bevel the side edge of your skis or snowboard. Always position the tool on the base so the steel rollers are rolling on the base and the inserts run along the side edge.
The position of the insert(s) determine whether you file the side edge or the base edge. Using a screwdriver (not included, though the printed intructions insist it is), remove the file from the vertical position and place the file in the horizontal position to tune base edges. When tuning the base edge insert the black plastic blanks in the vertical positions.
Be sure to change the desired angle on the tool when switching from side to base edges.
Find printed instructions here.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Awesome tool for keeping the edges sharp. Does side and base bevel, follows Magnatraction edge like no other.
I bought a few extra stones for it, the diamond and ceramic for polishing.
Looks like it’ll last a lifetime.