This unique hand tool allows you to safely and effectively wax without using a hot wax iron. Simply rub a thin layer of your favorite wax on the ski or snowboard base like a crayon, then use the aluminum tube with its high-friction replaceable fabric cover, and rub the base with pressure to create heat. The concentrated pressure, created by the tool's cylindrical shape, drives the wax into the base much more effectively than a natural cork. No scraping, no mess, so you can wax anywhere! Be sure to check out the video (under the product video tab). We love, love, love this tool!
- Use it to replace a waxing iron entirely or as a touch-up between hot waxes.
- Unlike a cork that tends to melt wax onto the surface, this tool creates greater heat and pressure, using "Line Contact" technology, to drive wax deep into base pores for greater durability and performance.
- Package includes the aluminum tube, two fabric covers, printed instructions and a brake retainer band.
- Packed in a reusable plastic tube that protects the tool during storage and travel.
- Tube measures 4" x 1.5" (100mm x 40mm).
- Replacement fabrics available.
- Great for backcountry hut trips, travel, etc.
- Made in the USA.
Instructions for use:
Using the wax of your choice, rub the bar, not too light and not too heavy, applying an even coating of wax from tip to tail. Take the Pro-Glide in your dominant hand then place your other hand on top. Rub the Pro-Glide back and forth with maximum force along the base for 1-2 minutes. SkiMD highly recommends applying a minimum of 3 coats of wax every day before skiing. Recreational skiers do not need to brush, just hit the slopes!
Racers follow this same process for training. Do not brush out the bases until race day!! This will ensure maximum protection to the structure and base material over the length of the season!
For race days, when finished applying your race wax, use a stiff nylon brush back and forth aggressively to clear wax from the structure, but not out of the base material. Finish with a soft nylon or horsehair brush, then buff with a soft hand towel. Apply overlays after the waxing sequence with the spare cloth. Brush out with a soft finish brush, then buff. If bases become dirty SkiMD recommends utilizing liquid wax instead of wax remover. Solvent based universal waxes when not allowed to dry being wiped immediately, make a great cleaner without stripping the base.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It works! Easy, convenient, safe...