This thick, clear tape will protect the tops of your skis or snowboard from scratches and gouges while allowing the graphics to show through. The tough, translucent Dupont Surlyn tape is backed with a self-adhesive film for easy application and excellent bonding.
- The tape is 14-inches wide...enough to span any single snowboard or pair of skis.
- 0.3mm thick
- Simply order the length you need and trim the width with a razor knife to fit your needs.
- Not recommended for textured top sheets.
- It is sold by the foot, so (for example) if you enter 6 for the quantity you'll receive a 6-foot length of Skuff Saver.
- If you have a Pair of skis that measure 180cm long you would order 6-feet of skuff saver.
- If you have a snowboard that measures 150cm you would order 5-feet of skuff saver.
- Clean top sheet of ski or snowboard with isopropyl rubbing alcohol using a lint-free cloth (ie. an old t-shirt).
- Trim any excess material from preexisting gouges carefully with a razor blade so the tape will sit flat.
- If applying to a pair of skis, cut the tape in half length wise so you have two pieces.
- Determine the appropriate length for the tip and tail of the ski or snowboard. It is best to measure from the toe piece to the tip and the heel piece to the tail. On a snowboard measure from front binding to tip and rear binding to tail.
- Cut the appropriate length erring on the side of longer than you think you need.
- Start to peel the backing tape at one end, start at the toe piece and work toward the tip, stick the tape to the top sheet being careful to keep it straight.
- As you lay down the tape peel away the backing, make sure to go slowly and press out air bubbles as you go. If you miss one you can peel the tape back a bit, remove the bubble and continue.
- Use the same technique for the tail of the ski.
- Now it's time to trim the tape to the shape of the ski using a razor blade, I find the blades commonly used in razor knives work better that the thinner common razor blades (see photo).
- Keep in mind the tape will not stick well to the vertical sidewalls of skis, or to the angled portion of a cap ski, the tape is only for the actual top of the top sheet.
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
this stuff is great I did my whole board. this is much thicker then other protectors I use from other sites. easy to apply and holds up great.
I have taught ski school lessons for three days with no evidence of this tape being damaged or loosing adhesion to my new skis. While instructing, students often ski over my skis hence my interest in trying this product. After several more months of teaching I will be in a better position to evaluate this product. I am very satisfied do far.
I needed to protect a signature , of an idol of my sons , on a pair of skis. It worked perfectly and actually made the signature easier to read.