This vise works with Alpine Bindings, AT Bindings with tech toes, Nordic NNN and SNS.
- Cap skis, slippery sidewalls, super fat skis, this vise handles them all.
- The key to this vise, and what makes it different from others on the market is the clever, fully-adjustable, faux boot sole that snaps into the ski binding securing the ski to the central mount. It also automatically retracts binding brakes and keeps them out of your way.
- The ski can be positioned base-up or at a 45 degree agle using the faux boot clamping method.
- The ski can also be positioned vertically utilizing included clamps which are attached to the tip and tail supports of the vise.
- The faux-boot fits Alpine Bindings and Dynafit AT Bindings (yes, very exciting, the faux-boot has Dynafit attachment points built in, just like yer boots!)
- Includes a seperate binding adapter for use with nordic skis with NNN bindings.
- The tip and tail supports, and central tower attach to the bench with adjustable clamps, but can also be permanently mounted with predrilled holes.
- Vise set includes tip and tail supports, central faux boot attachment, faux boot sole, NNN adaptor and 3-bench clamps.
- This is seriously a very cool vise, if you're tired of struggling to keep your boards still while you tune or wax look no further!
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great concept and executed fairly well. The only flaw I see is that the heel of some bindings prevents them from being mounted in the base-flat configuration because the binding hits the table. For me this happened with Marker Dukes and was pretty close on a few other bindings as well. My workaround was to put 1/2 inch shims under each of the 3 vise components to raise them up. This was a relatively easy fix but it'd be nice if the whole system was just a little taller.
Great vise for both Alpine/XC. I'm really happy with this vise and it seems very durable and well made. I have moved and retightened the clamps many times and they always hold just fine. I have mine set up on a metal folding sawhorse and it works great! I just took it out to use for my second season so glad I have it!
I have had a chance to work on Dynafit lo tech bindings, alpine bindings and XC. This is a nice compromise if you want just one vise set up to work on all types of skis. It is made of plastic parts in places so I cannot speak about the durability yet. So far this early season, so good! Also Tognar Toolworks rocks with excellent service.
Best, most versatile, less expensive vise I've owned. With a little finess I can use it on my targa telemark bindings too. Secures the skis nicely. Gets ski stops completly out of the way. The faux-boots have to be adjusted every time for a new binding size and everything is plastic, hope it holds up.
Profi is German for 'PRO' and with that in mind you can appreciate the thoughtful, economic design that simply and effectively holds your ski firmly in place while tuning. The boot holder is a bit fiddly with a look / rossi binding, and the marker heel bottoms out but minor compared to the monocoque profiles that constantly popped loose. I screwed mine directly to my bench and love it.
This is a great device for holing skis for tuning. It hold them securely, no need to to try to clamp the sides, and it offers flat, 90 degrees and angle in between. This is the most unique and functional device I have used.