This shop quality kit is designed to repair horribly stripped or ripped-out binding screw holes in skis. The stainless spiral inserts are installed in the stripped holes providing a totally bomber and permanent repair. All necessary parts and pieces are included in the kit...including a drill bit, tap, handles, insert tool and 100 stainless inserts. You'll need to supply your own electric drill. Additional inserts are available.
Inserts are intended for use with standard alpine binding screws. Not intended for frequent binding changes, you'll want to look into the Binding Freedom system for this.
- Three tap handles (various sizes)
- Insert drill bit (15/64")
- Insert Tap
- Insert installation tool
- Inserts (100)
How to use
- Drill hole with included bit to the appropriate depth, not a bad idea to mark the bit with a piece of tape...don't drill through the ski!*
- Tap hole until you just feel the tap hit bottom.
- Install an insert onto the insert installation tool, thread into tapped hole.
- You are good to go!
*If you want to test your hand at installing an insert, find a length 2x4" wood and install a practice insert in it. It's a low-risk way to get your technique dialed in!