- These metal and plastic laminate 'stones' have industrial diamonds bonded to them.
- DMT diamond stones last a long time if kept clean (we use an old toothbrush with wax remover or Ronson lighter fluid for this)
- Use with light pressure (a heavy hand can prematurely break diamonds loose from the stone).
- We also use them wet (dip 'em in a cup of water or use edge polishing solution) to help keep debris from clogging the diamonds.
- A handy 2.75" for multi edge tools like the MTK 701
- Also available in 4" inch
- Also sold in sets
- OPTIONS AVAILABLE
- Extra Coarse (220 grit)
- Best for repairing rock damage on steel edges when they've been 'work-hardened' by impact and look glazed and/or very ragged
- Also good for re-sharpening carbide tips on ski skating poles
- Coarse (325 grit)
- Use the medium blue model for deburring side edges after filing or beveling.
- Fine (600 grit)
- for finer deburring and edge polishing.
- Extra fine (1200 grit)
- The extra-fine green stone for even smoother finishes.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works very well with FK 3100 bevel tool.
I use these in the hand held tool and they work great...just replace as necessary from wear...fantastic product!
these diamond stones work well with the Fk Multi Edge Tuner, used after the mill file if the edge is damaged; coarse-medium-fine or medium-fine if sharpening dull edges.
Essential tools to get razor sharp edges. Files (or a shop grinder) do the rough work, but these really polish them up. Great product will last for years.