- Spare boot dummy for the Profi Ski Vise.
- Snaps directly into your alpine ski bindings.
- Though it is designed for use with the Profi Ski Vise, it works well with center clamp vises too!
- Have a pair of skis too wide for your current vise? Get one of these, remove the Profi Vise Specific Tab (just two small screws) snap the "dummy" into your bindings and clamp directly to the vertical sides of the "dummy". You may need to raise your tip and tail supports a bit (use a bit of wood) with this method.
- No need for brake retainers, the "dummy" lifts your brakes out of the way.
- Sold each.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have size 13 feet, this unit goes big enough and then some. I'm using it to get my new wide skis to work with my old vise, works great.
This vice design is the most convent and sturdy I've ever used. I worked in a shop that had many vices on several benches and this was always the one I'd go for first. I used all the others if someone had grabbed this bench first but the other designs clamps always got in the way of edge work when clamped flat so you ended up taking the ski out and turning it on one side at a time. With this design I can fill and file the bases, sharpen and bevel the edges, work the sidewall, and wax the base all with out moving the ski. And if you do want to move the ski because the angled side rest is so perfect, you just pull one pin flip and put the pin back. The only hassle is putting the boot dummy in and out of the binding. With a second dummy you can swap skis in seconds without effort if you like doing the base and edge work on both skis before going on to wax.
I just happen to notice the boot dummy in the catalog. Not only did it save me from having to buy a new vise, it does a great job of securing the breaks for tuning.
My old vises couldn't hold shaped skis worth a darn, but with this boot dummy I get a good grip...my Saloman heel binding lever pops up so the tail of the ski sits pretty high, requiring a tall tail support but I can do some serious edge/ptex work now without the ski popping out of my vise! Gonna buy a 2nd one!
Clever tool for tuning your ski using a bench vise to hold the ski. Simulates a boot insertion into the binding to flatten the ski brake out of the way for edge sharpening.