- 5/16-18 Bottoming Tap for threaded insert installation.
- After drilling a 9.5mm deep hole with an "F" drill (.257" diameter), the tap is used to cut threads all the way to the bottom of the hole to install the insert.
- A standard tap won't cut threads all the way to the bottom, and not all bottoming taps cut as deeply.
- This one is easier to tap straight because it has four flutes, is designed for cutting wood or metal, and cuts all the way to the bottom of the hole.
- Use with standard tap handle.
- Sold each.