- The economical Beast guides feature a composite body with a stainless steel bridge, and are ideal for most home tuners.
- These precise base bevel guides are used in conjunction with your favorite steel files, diamond stones or ceramic stones.
- They lift and hold one end of the file or stone at a fixed height, while allowing the other end to rest on one base edge.
- This creates and ensures a precise and consistent base bevel from tip-to-tail (without being influenced by sidecut curvature) when filing or deburring any ski or snowboard.
- Available in .5°, .75°, 1°, 1.5° and 2°.
- Sold each.
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Super easy to use and since it is a fixed angle I know what I'm getting. Pair it with a good file and stone and your set for the season.
Inexpensive and does the job.
I think that it is a very good tool, however, it is not easy to handle
I like this base bevel tool for what I need,I used to work at Podium and would touch up ,up to 25 skis a day.My beast works fine for my 5 pairs of daily drivers. Love my Posi drive as well.
I bought the Beast admittedly because I didn't want to cough up for the SVST tool. You have to take care to make sure the guide that runs along the base is flat or you will leave a light scratch mark on the base. That said...easy and works!
With 4 of us skiing and 8 pairs of skis I have been tuning them myself now. I find the beast base bevels to work well.
I am not a professional, but I have family of 4 that ski and board, and I cannot justify taking them to a professional shop to get them done regularly for $65-$100 per pair. So I set up an amatuer ski repair, dewaxing, sharping and waxing shop in my garage for the winter. I am sharpening at 1 degree and the BEAST is pretty awesome for doing that without leaving marks in the base..
As a lifelong backcountry "don't need no fancy tuning" type of guy I've always just flat filed the edges to the base but decided to give this a try on my new Soul 7's and am really impressed. As the title says, easy to use and effective. Nice!
Bought the 1° Beast Base Bevel Guide a month ago.
I've been using it on a regular basis since then (with files and stones) and it is just simply perfect.
Price is awesome and shipment fast