- A variation on the traditional square true bar.
- While the edge is knife shaped, it is not too sharp and so is quite resistant to dropping damage, we tested it...a few times.
- Easy and quick for your eye to detect any light appearing between it and your p-tex base...a real advantage for busy (or myopic) technicians.
- This precise flat-black anodized aluminum blade is not only a joy to use, but looks pretty badass, too.
- It's 6" (150mm) long to span most ski bases.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Beast True Bar is an essential tool to check your ski base and know your skis running condition. Highly recommend!
A great size and shape for a tool to make sure your bases are straight. Well made too. Not good for scraping/flattening bases - just for checking flatness and detecting high/low spots.
After using all kinds of flat items to determine if my ski bases were flat... I needed a real true-bar, that 1) felt solid enough in hand, 2) had the right non blurry colour to make readings easy, and 3) inspired 100% trust (I am making pretty irrevocable decisions based on it such as base levelling). This one fits the bill. A helpful addition to it's design could have been a graduation/mark in the middle to help determine the base edge bevels, but otherwise the tool feels good in hand which means that you actually want to use it and not something else... a pretty good item I shall keep forever.