These single-sided, tang-less files are some of the sharpest and flatest we've come across. They are simply a joy to tune with! The 13t is a great choice for setting angles on new skis, or reestablishing the angle on worn edges, unlike a panzer this file cuts very cleanly which means less clean up filing. The 17t is perfect for maintaining edge sharpness, or as a second file to the 13t. If you commonly ski on firm snow you will love the 17t file!
- For side edges only, will not work on base edges.
- They can last up to 10 times as long as regular files!
- Length is 100mm.
- Available in 13tpi or 17tpi.
- TPI=Teeth per inch.
- 13tpi is considered medium (will take material away much quicker than the 17tpi).
- 17tpi is considered fine (leaves a finer finish than the 13tpi).
- Sold each
- Run a 100grit diamond stone down the edge first to remove any burrs, this will further increase the life of the file.
- Use overlapping strokes on the first couple passes with the 13t, then finish full length.
- Soft full length strokes along the edge with the 17t.
- Don't pressure the file, let it do the cutting with little more than its own weight and the weight of your hand.
- Use caution around the contact points of the tips and tails, these files are so sharp they tend to stutter around tight radii, go slow and light in these areas!
- Brush with a nylon or brass brush before tucking them safely away in their cases.