- Made of 100% hard anodized aluminum.
- These file guides guarantee precise side edge beveling.
- Guides feature a recess on top of the tool to catch steel filings so they don’t grind into bases.
- Optional shims are available to increase bevel angle without buying a new guide, they set firmly into a machined groove on any Pro-Edge guide.
- Guides can be used in conjunction with nearly any files or stones out there.
- Clamps are strongly recommended to secure your file or stones to these guides... they help ensure precise tuning results.
- The Spring Clamp (fits all stones and files), Swix (fits files and thin stones), the SVST Clamp (files and thin stones) and the Tognar Clamp (all files and stones).
- Made in USA.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had to find a 12 year old video of someone using this to fully understand how to set it up. Now granted I purchased a shim to change the angle and I am competent in using other jigs multi tuners and even the SVST base angle jig is really easy to understand. This It took quite a bit of exploration to get it just right. Issues I had include where do I clamp the file to get the best fit to the jig? Moving the file around on the jib to utilize the most stone and still be able to support the stone with my clamp. These were all little things that you have to learn and experiement with. The stainless steel plate version was out of stock so I figured I would give this a shot. Should last quite a while if treated well but plan on finding or waiting for the stainless version to come back so I can add shims and get higher angles I an longing for. Coming from multi angle tuners I didnt realize how much I was missing using a dedicated angle jig like this. The performance increase is very noticeable on the snow. Multi angle tuning equipment is going to be either sold or given away. I just don't see going back to it.
Very nice quality and work great. I'd recommend this one and I'd buy again.
Upgraded to these and love the edge I can get and they are easy to use.
Easy to use. Allows quick, easy changes from file to various grades of diamond stones so that you can quickly work from coarse to fine to get a smooth, polished finish on edge.
Love this thing! Easy to use and very stable!