- These 6" x 9" abrasive pads are handy for a variety of uses, although they're most popular for scrubbing unwanted p-tex "hairs" off of bases after they've been freshly flattened or structured.
- We also use them to clean off the warm tips of base repair irons and pistols, cleaning wax off ski and snowboard sidewalls after hot-waxing, etc.
- For most effective use, back these pads with a scotchbrite holder or sanding block to ensure even pressure.
- For most work, start with the medium (aluminum oxide) pads, followed up by the fine (silicon carbide) pads.
- Always wipe bases clean after any scotchbriting to remove any loose particles left behind by the pads.
- SOLD EACH
- GRITS AVAILABLE
- Silicon Carbide pad- 360 grit.
- Aluminum Oxide pad - 250 grit
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Good ol' scotchbrite
This is just like the standard Scotchbrite you can buy anywhere. I use it mainly for blending sidewall shaping, smoothing sidewalls on new skis and blending Ptex patches. The price is OK for a single pad and it is convenient to buy at Tognar while picking up other tuning supplies if you only need a couple of sheets. If you are going to use considerably more than a couple of sheets, or if you are willing to buy more than you need now for a better price over the long haul, you can buy it by the box elsewhere for about half the price per sheet. Tognar generally has good pricing so if they offered this by the box it would be very convenient for those of us willing to buy larger quantities at a time :)