- This popular and precise tool bevels ski base and side bevel edges (although not simultaneously) from 0° to 5° in .5° increments.
- It includes a 2.75" steel mill file, which is inserted vertically in the tool to work on side edges, and horizontally for base edges.
- Small enough for travel, but robust enough for daily tuning.
- Very easy to use.
- The tool will accomodate any of the 2.75" (70mm) files or stones we offer.
Some good additions to go with this tool
- DMT Diamond Stone Set - Used in place of file to sharpen and polish edges (without removing too much material).
- Replacement Mill File - Replaces the original one included with this tool (standard 2nd cut all-around file).
- Panzar File - Super aggresive file for removing a lot of edge material in short order.
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This tool is great for quick tune-ups to keep edges in tip-top shape all season. A few strokes using the DMT 3-Diamond Stone Set (sold separately) removes burrs and sharpens the edges while maintaining the bevels. My ski club held a tuning and waxing clinic, and I demonstrated how easy and effective this tool was. By the end of the evening a lot of people were asking where they could get one. (I only use the file when I need to do some aggressive material removal. The diamond stones do a neater job and are better for routine maintenance.)
I never thought at this price I would get such quality. Fantastic tool. Works great. Had a swix similiar tool that had broken and was looking for a replacement. The FK multi is in a class 10 or 100 times better. The swix is a toy compared to the FX. Who says a brand name is worth it? Not me. I am a convert - so long swix.
Have had this product for 10+ years and have found it reliable and does the job with both file and stone.
Flimsy, mine broke. Doesn't work great