- Some skis are made with a metal sheet inside, or have a hard insert in the core so that you need to tap screw holes before mounting bindings.
- Use the #12 AB tap to thread these binding holes on skis with a hidden top metal sheet (common on GS race skis) or whenever recommended by the ski manufacturer.
- Using a tap handle allows a good grip on the tap and help insure that you thread it in straight.
- Tap slowly, when you feel the tap touch the bottom of the hole back stop and back it out slowly.
- When inserting screws be sure not to over tighten them to avoid stripping the hole.
Find Similar Products by Tag
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed