This wax kit includes a 230 volt wax iron intended for use outside US and Canada, if you live in the US or Canada please see our 120 volt kit.
This is a no-nonsense, bare bones waxing kit. Waxing is so essential to the quality and enjoyment of the snow sliding experience that we want to make it as obtainable as possible! The kit gets you a reliable and accurate waxing iron, MUCH better than a clothing iron, a nylon brush, plexi scraper and enough wax to get you started.
The wax iron has a 2-prong EU plug. You may need to purchase an plug adapter for your country, any travel store will stock these.
- Chugger Wax Iron (230 volt with EU plug)
- 130 grams of One Ball F1 Universal Wax (enough for about 6 applications)
- A 6" Plexi Scraper
- Tognar rectangular white nylon brush
- Waxing increases the glide of your skis or board, this is the first thing that comes to mind and scares some folks off, but with that increase in glide comes an increase in control. A waxed base tends to glide more predictably than a non-waxed base, turns are initiated and released with less resistance, and you use less energy throughout the day.
- Waxing protects bases from the harsh abrasion encountered while sliding across the snow, especially in icy or man-made conditions.
- Waxing prevents bases from drying out in between ski trips.
- Always wax in a well ventilated area.
- Set your iron to the proper temperature (recommended melt temps are usually printed on the packaging).
- Hold the iron vertically and touch the bar of wax to the hot base, drip wax along the length of the base.
- Move the iron along the base melting and spreading the dripped-on wax (be sure there is wax between the base and the iron).
- Allow the wax to cool for about 30-minutes.
- Scrape cooled wax off the base, as much as you can (the important wax is deep in the pores of the base).
- Brush base from tip to tail with the white nylon brush removing any residual wax.
- Go skiing!