- This stone is double sided, featuring Spyderco's Medium and Fine ceramic stones bonded together. One side is a 600 grit stone, the other is 1200 grit.
- Slightly thicker than Spyderco's single stones, so check for fit in certain edging tools.
- As racers know, a polished steel edge is a fast edge.
- Ceramic stones are used after diamond or aluminum oxide stones to final polish and hone base and side edge surfaces.
- This helps reduce edge drag as well as unwanted rusting.
- Though Spyderco recommends using these stones dry, some world cup techs feel these stones cut better and last longer if used wet (dip 'em in a cup of water).
- To clean use a scouring pad, water and an abrasive cleaner such as Comet or Ajax.
- Includes a leather sheath.
- Stone measures 1" X 5" X 0.25" (25mm X 127mm X 6.4mm)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This stone was very appealing. However the medium side cracked after using a small Kant-Klamp to clamp it to the side edge tool.
It appears the two stones are glued together by a variant of liquid nails glue. Once clamping pressure is applied in the right place, then cracking is inevitable for a thin piece of stone.
I would stick with the individual stones.