- Sub-Zero (Green) -10° to 5°F (-23° to -15°C)
- Good for very cold, icy or manmade snow conditions.
- This wax is super-hard, it is best to scrape it off the base while it is still a bit warm.
- These waxes have a unique ultra-fine microcrystalline structure which provides superior adhesion to base material and increased flexibility to resist wax breakdown from heat, static and friction.
- PFC free.
- Made in USA.
- Bar measures approx. 7.5" x 3.75" x 1.20" (190 x 95 x 30mm)
- Average bar weight is 14oz.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We have tried many cold weather waxes on the Skis for our Dogsled. At - 15 Celsius and colder none of them work and take forever to scrape off. Now we have a quality, safe, scrapeable wax that can take the cold dry snow of a winter in Manitoba. Perfection.
Not sure how I stumbled onto Purl because I'm a Nordic skate skier, but thought I'd try it because of the price. Well, it's a huge pain to scrape and brush out if dripped on, then ironed; takes forever. Rubbing it on is much faster to brush out, just have to be careful with the iron. All the Purls are soft enough to rub on a thick layer and after brushing leave a very slick, durable wax film. Purl is great wax, it lasts far longer than any big name Nordic glide wax I've used, seems very consistent, just as fast in typical skating glide and increases top speed quite a bit. Maybe that's because it's supposed to be a downhill wax where speeds are mostly much higher than skating, IDK. I wax for 3 skiers and can wax half as often now because durability is so good. My kids noticed the difference right off and forbade me from going back to the regular stuff!