- The toughest and most durable p-tex repair material around, nearly equal to the hardness of your original sintered base material.
- We offer this thin (1/32") ribbon in 7/8" x 10 inch lengths.
- Available in black only.
- Sold each.
How to Use
- To apply, melt and press it directly into base gouges using ourbase repair iron or the tip of our repair pistol.
- It has a slightly gummier texture when molten than other repair materials, so be more patient applying it...but, once in place, will last nearly forever.
- It bonds better in deep gouges versus shallow ones...but that"s where you need it most anyway.
- After filling gouges, remove most of the excess repair material with our Versaplane tool
- Finish up with a well-burnished steel scraper or base flattener tool.
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
this ribbon needs the right amount of heat
Fairly easy to apply, but it is already cracking after one day of use. I am new to repair so maybe i did something wrong. It's definitely better than a drip candle though.
I used this ribbon to repair a deep base gouge on a used pair of powder boards I bought. This stuff works so much better than the crappy "light & melt" P-tex sticks. Just use a wood burning iron with a spade tip to melt the ribbon & draw it into the gouge. Done in about 3 min - Nice!
If done right this can repair just about any depth of gouge you can punish your board with. It's pretty amazing.