- Clear P-Tex Drip Repair Candles.
- For temporary repair of ski or snowboard base gouges at home or on the road
- Simply light one end of these sticks with a lighter, then drip..rather than iron...the molten p-tex into gouges.
- WARNING!!! They burn extra-hot (in excess of 970°F) which helps consume some of the undesirable black carbon created while the candle burns.
- Please use them carefully because dripping p-tex is hot enough to severely burn skin.
- Hold a steel scraper under candle when not actually dripping molten p-tex into gouges.
- Sticks measure 8" x 3/8" (200 x 9mm).
- Sold in a bundle of 5 sticks.
How to Use P-Tex Drip Candles
- Light stick on fire, allow the flame to get strong.
- Hold the stick like you would a pencil.
- Hold at a 45° angle about 1" above the gouge (you want a blue flame, not yellow, adjust height to achieve this).
- Drip molten P-Tex into gouge working toward yourself, as if you are drawing a line.
- When the gouge is filled allow it to cool (10 minutes is good).
- Scrape with a sharp metal scraper and you're done!