- Black P-Tex Drip Repair Candles.
- For temporary repair of ski or snowboard base gouges at home or on the road
- Simply light one end of these sticks with a lighter, then drip..rather than iron...the molten p-tex into gouges.
- WARNING!!! They burn extra-hot (in excess of 970°F) which helps consume some of the undesirable black carbon created while the candle burns.
- Please use them carefully because dripping p-tex is hot enough to severely burn skin.
- Hold a steel scraper under candle when not actually dripping molten p-tex into gouges.
- Sticks measure 8" x 3/8" (200 x 9mm).
- Sold as a bundle of 5 sticks.
How to Use P-Tex Drip Candles
- Light stick on fire, allow the flame to get strong.
- Hold the stick like you would a pencil.
- Hold at a 45° angle about 1" above the gouge (you want a blue flame, not yellow, adjust height to achieve this).
- Drip molten P-Tex into gouge working toward yourself, as if you are drawing a line.
- When the gouge is filled allow it to cool (10 minutes is good).
- Scrape with a sharp metal scraper and you're done!
18 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works very well for light to medium deep gouges. They're made like a straw and seems to burn a little better for sure.
Lights up better (quicker) than other ptex, sticks better and holds longer, all of this - by a significant margin. I've always used a sharp knife to cut off extra material, which isn't pretty but no problems w/ cutting off extra without pulling the patch out w/ a metal scraper.
These started out ok, but then wouldn't hold the flame. The material is more sticky and appears to hold better but also doesn't come off as easy with a metal scraper so you might need to buy a sur form scraper as well.
Melts even and is easy to scrape to an even surface.
With the hole in the center, the ptex burns hotter keeping a bluer flame which means less carbon on every drip.
thank you TOGNAR. i got exactly what i ordered and in time and in good condition. These candles are very cheap and effective for my ski base repair
These candles are easy to maintain a blue flame. I have used other candles and these are much easier to use.
These candles are easy to use and its easy to keep a blue flame. Other candles i have used are harder to keep a blue flame but these work great.
These candles are great for a home tuner like me. They are cheap and easy to use. They filled out the gouges on my base very well. It just takes so practice using them.