WEND Base Prep is a very soft wax with a low melt temperature, these characteristics allow it to penetrate deeply into the base ensuring complete saturation. Wax jobs tend to last longer if a base prep wax is used first. Base prep wax should definitely be used on new skis or boards to open up the bases, saturate them with wax and get them used to the iron. Prep wax is also an excellent choice for cleaning bases using the "hot scrape" method (see below).
- Super soft, deeply penetrating prep wax.
- Low melt temperature.
- Great for "hot scraping".
- Made in the USA
- 100 gram bar.
The "Hot Scrape" method is a great alternative to harsh chemical base cleaners, it is gentle on the base and doesn't dry the base out. We still recommend chemical base cleaners in some cases, really dirty Spring snow, removing Klisters, removing hi-fluoro waxes and overlays. Hot scraping is also recommended following a stone grind. Scraping the wax while it is still warm pulls old wax and impurities out of the base.
- Drip a base prep or other soft, low melt temp wax onto your base.
- Iron in at the recommended temperature.
- Scrape while the wax is still soft and warm, don't allow it to cool.
- Brush out with a brass brush followed by a stiff nylon.
- Wipe down with Fiberlene or a lint free cloth.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Wax is easy to apply, seems to do the trick of cleaning up ski base before putting down the real wax. Price is right too.